Monday, December 6, 2010

Character Work

My dear Actors hello!

I want to share something with you which is so important in character work. There is one vital element to playing a character and that is to BE the character, not play one in observation.

It is quite a difference to being you playing the character. As you know I have been making a series of comedy segments called Touch ups with Tula. You can join the facebook page and see the episodes! That character is very superficial and glamorous and politically incorrect.

Last week I had to do an audition where I played a character with the onset of Dementia. I really enjoyed being that character absolutely raw, in contrast to my Touch ups character.

I hope that helps you in your work,
Always here to help,
Tula Tzoras

No comments:

Post a Comment