Monday, February 28, 2011

Offspring and Creating Work

Hi All,
I hope you are having a great day and are taking one step towards your dream to be an Actor every day, keeping a clear vision of your goal!
I just got back from an Audition for Offspring the new series, using all the tips I share with you in my E-Book, THE SECRET OF YOUR SUCCESS AS AN ACTOR, you can grab an instant download of at www.actorssecretweapon.com.
On other news, I tried Champix, a medication to stop smoking and had the worst side effects! Sleeplessness, nausea and depression, not like me at all. Have you had that kind of reaction to Champix? I had to stop it straight away!
We are pitching the half hour show for Touch ups with Tula (on You Tube) at the moment so fingers crossed!
On creating your own work, waiting around for the phone to ring is not an option! Get out there and make your art! Here's what a film maker had to say:
Making Independent Film: Bill Mousoulis

Why do you make independent films?

"I make films, full stop. It doesn't matter whether they're funded or not. I've had some work funded, some not. The ideal, of course, is to be able to secure financing whilst maintaining creative independence (as someone like Rolf de Heer seems to have established). For me, the most important thing is the idea that each film has. This has to be adhered to. If I can obtain funding for a particular idea, then I welcome it – apart from having money to make the film, it can assist or even guarantee a certain degree of profile and distribution for the work. But there are too many filmmakers going for too few funding spots. Therefore, my strategy is that if I can't get funding, I go ahead and make the film anyway, even though it may not get screened much as a result. I'd rather do that than keep waiting for the phone call that never comes, the nod of approval that never materialises. And let's not forget that art, ultimately, is its own reward…"

Members can read the full interview at: http://www.myactingcareer.com.au/interviews/

No comments:

Post a Comment