Monday, October 25, 2010

Transformations Vic Drama Annual Conference!

Darling Actors,
Recently I was invited to do a Presentation at the Drama Victoria Annual Conference at Melbourne Uni for all the Drama Educators in Victoria and I was asked to submit a paper. I wanted to share it with you, so here goes:
T R A N S F O R M A T I O N S
“The Secret of Your Success as an Actor”
PRESENTATION PAPER
By Author Tula Tzoras
My name is Tula Tzoras. I have been a professional Actor for over 20 years. During that time I have also worked as a Writer, Director, Producer. I have many credits in Film, Television, Theatre, Commercials and have done thousands of Castings. I have also made five short films, one of which was a finalist at Tropfest and am currently making a series called Touch ups With Tula. I have been working on a humanitarian project for the last five years to empower people in developing communities by providing them with tools to grow. If you wish to know more about my credits please visit my website www. Actorssecretweapon.com and click on the About Page.
One of the things that strike me is that as students we are not generally taught life lessons. I remember reading a book called “Go Ask Alice” in high school. It was the closest I came to having any life education at school.  I entered the big wide world with rose coloured glasses, in pursuit of my dream to become an Actor. I did it the hard way. I struggled as many Actors do and followed a journey of self-discovery, which spanned over the last 20 years. Last year I was in a good space to write my E-Book and got the big thumbs up from the industry with NIDA, ACTT, MAA putting The Secret of Your Success as an Actor on their Reading lists for Students and Showcast (the industry directory) promoting it. Suddenly I was invited on a Speaking Circuit and I have been speaking to students since.
The response I received both from Institutions and students has confirmed to me that this book is unique, because it is not about acting technique or the logistics of finding agents etc. The Secret of Your Success as an Actor is a Career Biography with a difference. It specifically covers credits in Film, TV, Theatre and projects and teams those experiences up with lessons learnt and infallible tips for success, including A Secret Weapon!
Readers are also provided with my individual Casting Tips for Auditions, tips that free Actors up to enjoy the experience rather than dread it.
So many of our kids dream of becoming Actors. All they have to draw on is glamorous celebrities and they become enamoured by fame. The Secret of Your Success as an Actor gives readers a very real perspective of the life of a Working Actor. It includes very personal themes like anxiety and the impact of conditioning. Readers experience both the reality of how difficult it can be and all the tools they need to transform their mindset and become Successful Brands.
The life of an Actor can be potentially difficult. The Secret of Your Success as an Actor smashes beliefs that Actors have to struggle and gives them tools to fast track their success through my experiences, which mirror other Actors experiences.
In speaking to students and garnering their little knowledge on the subjects I broached, I have become passionate about getting this E-Book out to as many students as possible. So much so, that half of every download made is going back to Drama Victoria. I implore you, as educators to make The Secret of Your Success as an Actor a part of your curriculum. It can easily be downloaded from the Resources page of the Drama Victoria website.
The only request I make is that like music and movie piracy, duplicating downloads is not acceptable.
In my presentation I will cover:
v    My experience and that of a struggling Actor
v    The tips and advice I give to ensure Actors success and wellbeing
v    The difference in Audition tips between some professionals and my own.
I invite you to participate in what promises to be a very personal and genuine presentation on Transformation.
Best,
Tula Tzoras

No comments:

Post a Comment